Thursday, March 01, 2007

Majuang Riesling-Kabinett

Majuang Riesling Kabinett
Mosel-Saar-Ruwer 2004
About 10,000 we think. I will update as I intend to try this again, do a proper tasting note and update my thoughts. Available everywhere.

Ok, I am at 2 disadvantages here. 1, I don't know German wine so well. I will work on it but as it stands my knowledge is not great. 2, this is produced for the Korean market and so everything is in Korean.

I will do my best.

Ok, so this is a Qualitaswein Mit Pradikat, a wine with special attributes of quality wine. All the grapes have to come from a single designated quality region , in this instance Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, and a single district within that region, in this instance Bernkastel(a good district for riesling in the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer). This is a Kabinett riesling and is so the most delicate, light and crisp style. No super ripe grapes used here which is reflected in the alcohol level.

I need to taste this again. It was indeed light and crisp with nicely balanced sweetness. It has only 8.5% alcohol making it a good aperitif and a good quaffer in the summer. I will update when I have done a proper tasting note but this seems to be a widely available good value wine in Korea. Particularly given the lack of affordable whites here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a premium wp theme?