Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dalk Galbi Pie


I am not turning into a food blog.


But....above is my previously promised Dalk Galbi pie.

If you have ever had a balti pie at a football match you will know what this is about. Curry is great. Pie is great. Curry pie is great! Same premise. Dalk Galbi is great. Pie is great.....you get the picture.

I used a Delia recipe for shortcrust pastry which turned out amazing.
I used the my korean kitchen dalk galbi recipe toned down a bit in terms of spice and without the ddeock. Not because I am some kind of Southern Shandy drinking Nancy....... but because I reckon you don't want a pie to be so hot you can't taste the pastry and chewing rice cake and pastry seemed like it might be a bit odd.

I am no food photographer......

We served it with sesame cabbage and carrots glazed with ginger, honey and soy.

It was great. Worked exactly like I hoped with sweet, spicy, meat and potato and pastry.

Ace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you cook the Daek Galbi at all before putting it in the pie crust?

squirrelandgman said...

Yeah, I cooked it all up first. The sweet potato, carrot and cabbage all still have some bite as it is fairly quick cooking so it was more a case of making sure the chicken was cooked through.

kerja keras adalah energi kita said...

Woooow,..thats make me hungry...
I'm just imagine the food rigth now,...hemmm